Sunday, January 30, 2011

Driving

...to Portland in the morning. Meeting at school to go over financial aid and loan options. I'm still hoping to get a call or an email to maybe do some home hunting but I'm not planning on it. Pretty much I'm driving near 4 hours there and back for a hour long meeting. But I volunteered myself for it because I figured it made a better impression, putting forth the effort to show up in person. It's going to be a long day and I hope I have the energy for it.

The kid is going with Papa to Canada to pick up my grandmother. She has to come down for some eye appointments. Work the health care systems on both sides of the border. Turns out she's going blind, which explains why the dishes she washes never look clean. I think I'm more nervous about the kid and my father being alone in a car for 3 hours more nerve-wracking than my meeting at school. But I've packed a bag of goodies, games, snacks, and surprises so I hope that's enough.

I don't know if I'll be back in time to put her to bed or not.
Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment