Sunday, January 30, 2011

taxes

I just filed my taxes and even though I checked and double checked I feel like I must have entered something incorrectly. I should just be happy about it because it makes moving and the whole financial aid debacle that much easier and less stressful. Seriously, that number is a lot higher than I expected and my chest is pounding. This may be my largest tax return to date.
Well, perfect timing I suppose. Maybe it's just a sign that I'm on the right track with the right timing.

Other than that, I found a room for rent that sounds perfect for us. I didn't really want that, I mean I prefer a place of our own, but saving money would help so I tried looking at them on craigslist. I found one that was alright, and close to one of our favorite Portland parks, but it was pretty far out of the way and it didn't feel quite right. I wasn't disappointed when I received the email back just a few minutes ago saying that they didn't think we were the best fit for them. But then today I found another room for rent, a better room for rent, and I'm really excited about it. It's going to be disappointing if they're not interested in us. It's in a great neighborhood with everything in walking distance, has a school within a block or two and a park about 4 blocks off, is a fairly straight shot to the college, and is a great space. It's not just one room but more like two, with a kitchenette, and it's 600+sqft. Shared bathroom, that fine. There's already another kid in the house just a little older than mine, and the family sounds like one we'd get along with well. It's a cute house, cute space, which just adds icing to the cake.
I like it.
I'm going to stop talking about it.
Probably already jinxed it, right.


I hope they email/call me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment