Sunday, January 2, 2011

theme scheme

I'm extremely anxious about moving but I still get giddy at the idea of decorating a new place. I love it. I daydream about it. And I've been here for 4 years now, and I've never really lived alone so I think giddy just isn't describing it anymore. I don't even know what I have in my storage unit but I think I'm going to purge most of it, or as much as I can bear, and start over fresh. I know there isn't much anyways because I always lived with other people and just adopted their decor and furnishings. In the past 2 years I've picked up a few things like a vintage 40's couch and an old upholstered chair that rocks (literally), but I don't have any obvious theme throughout my possessions... other than mismash. My plan is, once I've moved, to get a few things that can tie everything together. Maybe a floor rug or two, artwork for the walls, a new lamp, and curtains. I love curtains. Bare windows are unnerving and blinds are boring. Obviously I'll have to wait until I move to sew curtains so I can make them to fit the windows I have rather than imaginary windows in my head. Nonetheless I'm ogling curtain options today.

No comments:

Post a Comment